Please find details on NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness. If you wish to know more about this course, please use the register your interest form on the page.
This course will develop the knowledge and skills needed to understand mental health and problems that can cause mental ill-health
|Awarding Body||Edexcel, Pearson|
|Duration||Maximum of 12 weeks|
Who The Course Is For
Anyone working or intending to work in the health and social care sector, who wish to gain an understanding and awareness of mental health.
What Will You Learn
The course consists of eleven units
- Unit 1 Understanding mental health
- Unit 2 Understanding stress
- Unit 3 Understanding anxiety
- Unit 4 Understanding phobias
- Unit 5 Understanding depression
- Unit 6 Understanding post-natal depression
- Unit 7 Understanding bipolar disorder
- Unit 8 Understanding schizophrenia
- Unit 9 Understanding dementia
- Unit 10 Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 11 Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Learning will be undertaken via a blended learning method, which includes both 1 to 1 visits as well as self-directed study. All learners will be provided with their own learning pack which includes learning resources and information booklets. The flexible nature of this type of training means employed staff gain maximum impact for minimal disruption.
Three paper-based assessments must be completed within agreed timescales. Your tutor will then provide feedback, advice and guidance to help you successfully complete the course.
Learners could progress onto a related Level 3 qualification. This course can also act as a bolt on to an apprenticeship.
This course can assist the development of your career in the health and social care sector.
You need to have been a resident in the UK, EU or EEA for the past 3 years and should be at least 19 years old.
Please contact us for more information on 0191 5874570